Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Meandering

I can't believe I just did an Anxiety Profile Test and tadaaa, I scored 66 points on the anxiety scale, which is supposedly one calibration above 'Moderate' (⋟﹏⋞) (so there's still hope hahah)

The site gave me this description:
It's hard for you to enjoy life on any consistent level. You're hardly ever experiencing a peace of mind. You're often fearful, worrisome, and unhappy. You don't like being this way but you don't know what to do to change. Things are too much work and no one understands the way you feel. You wear yourself out with your thoughts and "What-if" thinking. You can be happy and confident again. You just need a clear plan of action and the right tools. (yay)

Then again, gotta take the results with a pinch of salt because the site was attempting to sell some technology solution to the whole anxiety problem (which popped up along with the test results) and well, if someone has an interest in selling you a product/service, it would be wise to believe only just about half (or even less) of everything they say. ╮(╯_╰)╭

Anyway, some quotes that I came across this week which I thought were worth sharing:

"I used to dislike being sensitive. I thought it made me weak. But take away that single trait, and you take away the very essence of who I am. You take away my conscience, my ability to empathize, my intuition, my creativity, my deep appreciation of the little things, my vivid inner life, my keen awareness to others pain and my passion for it all." - Caitlin Japa

And I really, really like this:

I’ve become skeptical of the unwritten rule that just because a boy and girl appear in the same feature, a romance must ensue. Rather, I want to portray a slightly different relationship, one where the two mutually inspire each other to live – if I’ m able to, then perhaps I’ll be closer to portraying a true expression of love.” - Hayao Miyazaki

I don't agree with this but somehow, the writing seems to romanticise it all and make it feel beautiful:

"The happening and telling are very different things. This doesn’t mean that the story isn’t true, only that I honestly don’t know anymore if I really remember it or only remember how to tell it... 
Language does this to our memories - simplifies, solidifies, codifies, mummifies. An oft told story is like a photograph in a family album; eventually, it replaces the moment it was meant to capture." - Karen Joy Fowler in 'We are all completely beside ourselves'

I'm not sure who this lady is - I will find out in due course - but her quotes are magical!



Yes, yes, yes!!

:')

I was supposed to do work but I got carried away... and now I'm tired.. so I guess I'll have an early night today! Goodnight folks! May there be magic in your dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment