Sunday, February 14, 2016

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!

Nothing to do with Chinese New Year...

But they make me happy so in the post, they go!

It's late and I need to sleep so more pictures, fewer words.

CNY pasar malam at Jurong West - a must-visit every year.

Monkeys!

Love these colourful fluffy furry stick decorations - still remember how I used to decorate the house with them (twisting them into flowers and hanging them around)!

Mum had to "force" me to go shopping for new CNY clothes this year and I came across these adorable (but also horribly overpriced) cheongsams. Cute? Definitely! Worth $189? 'ell no.

I totally loved the cute eggy design though :3

Next up, the mandatory Chinese New Year haircut (to usher in luck for the new year)...

(which ended disastrously, as usual)
Hairstylists are my mortal enemies. 
It really is that difficult to cut a straight line, isn't it? 
If not, I don't see why my fringe gets messed up every. single. larking. time.

Nomnom..

On a happier note, got my salted egg potato chips from Irvins (www.irvinsaltedegg.com)! The chips aren't as tasty as I thought they would be because well, salted egg = goodness, anyone (unfortunately, the snack's unpopular at home) but it's a refreshing change from the usual CNY goodies.

The day before CNY eve..

Our yearly tradition - Chinatown visit! 
(we braved the crowds and the rain!)
Chinatown (and CNY) feels different without my grandmother and this is probably the time of the year when I find myself missing her the most. I hope you're happy wherever you are.,

CNY eve..

CNY Reunion Dinner at the uncle's place

Prawns. Super lot of prawns.

Penguins wanted to join in the fun.. so we let them, heh.

CNY isn't complete without a temple visit and some praying so..

Gongxi, Gongxi, Gongxifacai!

Then off we went to River Angbao! I haven't been there since I was a kid so I really enjoyed the experience (: the bonus was of course, getting to see "Ah Long" (played by Ryan Lian) from <Long, Long Time Ago> hahahaha I think I took more photographs of the dude than the CNY lanterns combined (sheepish laugh)!

Had dinner at Marina Square first- check out those cheeky monkeys!

Most of my River Angbao pictures are in my camera so those will come later!

Monkey see, Monkey Do!

Day 7 of CNY: 人日 (aka 人人的生日!)
捞鱼生啊!发啊!HUAT AH!

No comments:

Post a Comment