Wednesday, August 20, 2014

We all need one.

A reassuring presence.

Everyone needs a reassuring presence in their lives.

Have you ever met someone who has a strangely calming effect on you? Who is able to allay your fears? Who takes away your unhappiness and anxiety? Who silences the chaos in the mind? Who brings you a feeling of peace? Who makes you feel that the world ain't that bad after all?

The tranquility may not last for long but at the very least, it affords us some breathing space and gives us precious time for our mind and soul to heal and get ready for whatever's coming next.

Apart from my family members, I have had the fortune of encountering two to three of such special persons (miserably few, if you think about it) but sadly,.. it seems like the magical effect they have on people does not extend to themselves.. and they themselves are occasionally trapped in their own spirals of negative thoughts. With every spiral, their gifts naturally get buried a little deeper.. and if anyone happens to be watching, they will notice the worlds of the people around them grow that bit dimmer as well. I'm not sure which is more upsetting - or if they all equally are - but really, everyone deserves a break at some point in life. Everyone (subject to certain qualifications) deserves happiness. I can't bear to see the people I love (be it friends or family) in pain but at the same time.. I'm not entirely sure if I'm capable of taking that pain away from them... To those who have been my little guardian stars all these while, this heartfelt Thank You goes out to you. And to those whom I've been watching over, I will strive to become a better reassuring presence in your lives. Let's work together and make this world a better place for all of us, shall we?

Personal note:
Such people do not come by easy so if you do chance upon them, hold on tight and hopefully, strive to do for them, what they have done for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment