Friday, July 11, 2014

2 more days.

It's hard to believe that it's almost time to greet the sunny tropical island we call home once again. It has been a long time here in Korea but 'long' can never be too long enough when what we're doing is exploring a new country, discovering a new culture, uncovering new sides to ourselves, experiencing feelings alien to us, leading a (somewhat) different life and learning to appreciate the things around us so much more.

2 days, 48 hours, 2880 seconds.

Don't get me wrong - I am eager to return home to my family, my friends and the way of life I've known and lived according to for the past 21 years (alright, perhaps not so much for the last point). I'm just reluctant to bid farewell to the wonderful sights and eye-opening moments found here which constantly force me to challenge myself and gain a better understanding of myself and the world. I will miss the space, the people, the unshackled freedom (mind, soul, body), the lack of restraints - no more holding back unnecessarily - and the adventurous spirit within myself. It is almost without doubt that unless a (very) conscious effort is made, the stifling Singapore environment will rob me of the precious qualities I hold dear and reduce me to the same person I was before exchange. Let's hope - I surely am wishing hard - that some good things are here to stay (why must good things always come to an end (frowns in displeasure)).

On an unrelated note, I realise (much to my horror) that I have yet to pen my post on the list of "Firsts" that I have encountered here. I've decided not to rush it out over two days; instead, I'll only get down to writing it when I return to Singapore and at the same time, conveniently make use of the drafting process to look back upon the fond memories of exchange.

Still in Seoul, but missing it already. Hah.

No comments:

Post a Comment