Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Looking Back: A Journey of Firsts (in the works)

MY FIRST TIME...

1. It's my first time travelling without my family for a duration exceeding two weeks.




2. It's my first time walking around Seoul (in particular, the streets of Sinchon) on my own.. eating and snackin' of course heh.

One fine day at Myeongdong and another equally fine day slurping on milk on the train :3

3. It's my first time rooming with someone who is neither family nor friend (she now is!).



4. It's my first time going for a concert(s) in Korea.
 (from left) 5MayStar Concert, Someday concert and (not pictured) Dream Concert 2014

5. It's my first time cooking a complete meal (consisting of a rice, main dish and soup) for myself.

6. It's my first time washing and drying all my clothes on my own.

7. It's my first time climbing hills on a (almost) daily basis.

8. It's my first time in a multi-bang (멀티방).
A multi-bang offers not just karaoke but also movies, TV, WII, internet access and even comical photo-taking sessions!



My very talented friends dancing along to Orange Caramel's Catallena (rolls over laughing) :D

9. It's my first time watching movies at the theatres in Korea.

10. It's my first time watching a baseball and basketball match in Korea.



11. It's my first time chasing stars around (read: Running Man members) and actually getting to see them - though they are Polly Pocket-sized!

12. It's my first time getting to meet and take photographs with celebrities (although they were a rookie group...).

ANTM's Miss J and BTOB

13. It's my first time watching music shows in Korea (a dream I've always had).


14. It's my first time ordering takeout in Korea - and trying exotic flavours like Sweet Potato Pizza (first picture below), Potato Pizza and Bulgogi Pizza. Yumz!


 Pepperoni pizza?


Pizza PARRTYY Time!

15. It's my first time bringing friends around in a foreign land!

16. It's my first time drinking (alcohol) anything more than a sip of beer, which I had washed down with a cup full of water.
In fact, the very first time I drank 'properly', I ended up drinking 6-7 paper cups worth of a beer-soju mixture. They were out to get me drunk so they bought a few bottles of soju, one of which had the highest alcohol content - fortunately, I held up well enough.. but boy, that was a huge jump from I-do-not-drink to I-drank-till-I-became-tipsy.. T^T Advisory: Young kids, please do not follow suit.)

17. It's my first time seeing cherry blossoms in full bloom!

18. It's my first time sleeping at 3.30 to 4 a.m., like ever!

19. It's my first time travelling out of Seoul alone and making friends along the way! (:


20. It's my first time giving a note (of admiration) to someone I hardly know.


21. It's my first time visiting my ultimate idol's cafe, Jholic! <3



22. It's my first time at the airport and flying home on a plane alone!





 
Very diverse in-flight entertainment

No comments:

Post a Comment