Saturday, December 13, 2014

Winter Break: Second Week Part II

I have a ton to blog (there's a freakin' monologue in my mind that goes on 24/7.. like don't ya even need a break?!) but at the same time, I don't have the motivation to write so.. those pesky thoughts of mine can wait. This week has been spent quite meaningfully because I finally got out of the house and met with friends.. though I got to say my social networking battery for the week has been thoroughly depleted by now. So what did I do and who did I meet? There was the semi-awkward encounter with an old friend (it has been so long since we last met, I was amazed to discover that I couldn't even remember how he used to sound like), the high-spirited (and somewhat scandalous haha) catch-up with classmates, the movie session with a junior (and how his judgmental behavior pissed me off) and the terrific "exploration of Singapore" with the best friends on Friday. It has been a pretty fine week, I must say - although it has left me quite broke as well. I need to tighten those purse strings of mine or... any more meetups are gonna be difficult.

On a separate note, I was elated to receive news from ICON that I finally have an international buddy of my own! A Korean buddy no less! I was exhilarated because I missed the signups for buddies this semester sobs (whereas all my exchange friends had so much fun with their Korean buddies) so imagine how happy I was! Alas... expectations and reality aren't always a match.



The Korean buddies this semester were all so sweet, endearing, good-natured and passionate - thanks to my friends, I got to hang out with them a few times - and I got really used to their adorable ways (their text messages are always peppered with hearts and smiley emoticons!). Even though it's uncharacteristic of me, I always made sure that my replies to them were filled with hearts and cute expressions. But my buddy... (sigh)

I'll let the pictures tell the story.
(happyhappyhappy!)


Lol?!
 (moreover, she replied in such a curt, unenthusiastic manner, it made me question if she even wanted a buddy in the first place.. andddd although quite a few days have passed since then, she still hasn't replied my subsequent messages - I do know that she has read them already though - so that just leaves me hangin'... Whatever happened to lovable, playful Korean buddies?! I doubt it's a misuse of the acronym as well, considering that her command of English is reasonably good. I suspect that she's good both in English and Chinese!)

I'm not saying that all Korean girls have to be fluffy and cute (or that buddies must all be the ILOVEYOULEGGOHAVEFUN type- no way!) but it's really just a slightly disappointed me going..


Since I've been looking forward to getting a buddy so much.

We'll see how it goes, that is, if she decides to reply me haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment