Tuesday, February 17, 2015

1 Year Ago...

One year ago, I started on my journey in the land of Kimchi...

Yonsei University
Thank you for all that you have taught me;
 and the beautiful memories you have left me with. 
I miss you.

 This is what happiness looks like (:
Free of the shackles of society, free to run wild in the world.

Exclusive never-before-seen Maddie the Panda (hahahhaah)
Amazing journey of self-discovery loll

This remains one of my favourite photographs taken in Korea. 
Incidentally, it was also our very first photo in my friend's camera. 
(I may have posted this countless times haha)
All the feelings expressed in the picture - of joy, of bashfulness, of awkwardness (look at the distance!), of eagerness (to get close to each other), of free-spiritedness - are so precious, so dear.

Life in Korea was not always a bed of roses - some of the loneliest and unhappiest days in my life were spent there - but at the same time, the experience has brought me immeasurable happiness and taught me invaluable life lessons. Then again, I still think that the decision to go on exchange has been an immensely selfish one (and which has also unfortunately led to many regrets for me) but since there's no turning back time, all I can say right now is that I'm glad and grateful the exchange trip to Korea happened.

Time flies and it's kinda hard to believe that it has already been a year since I left Singapore for Seoul. One whole year! Till today, I'm still amazed that I even went on the trip haha (sure takes long to sink in huh!) but alas, the memories aren't as distinct anymore.

But this journey hasn't ended. I know that.

I'll be back, Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment