Saturday, June 20, 2015

A Slow Saturday Afternoon


The last episode of <It's Okay, That's Love> was playing on the television this afternoon so I watched it again.. and once more, I am reminded of how amazing this drama is. Possibly the best drama of 2014 with the best drama OST of the year too. I was reduced to a pool of tears by the end of the episode - are my eyes still eyes or are they puddles of water hahah T.T

Some of my favourite songs from the drama (:

"It's Okay, It's Love" by Davichi
(the saddest track in the playlist - so sad, it deserves a mention)


"Best Luck" by Chen
(my favourite track!)

"U" by MC the Max
(not my favourite song but listening to it makes me teary)

The drama tells the story of a popular writer who suffers from schizophrenia and his subsequent recovery process after he meets an eclectic group of housemates, including two psychiatrists and a waiter with Tourette syndrome. The male lead manages to recover eventually with limited dependence on medication (not a spoiler since I already told you about the ending today haha), which is very comforting. Unfortunately, my aunt doesn't share his (good) luck because it doesn't seem like she's recovering anytime soon.. that is, if a complete recovery's even possible. My friend shares that schizophrenic patients typically require a lifetime of medication and psychotherapy but it appears that the former hasn't been particularly useful. I don't think she's undergoing therapy anymore as well. If only the people of the older generations had a clearer idea or understanding of the illness (and not have turned to religious remedies), she might have led a very different life. No one knows what caused it - the frustrating limitation of most psychiatric diagnoses - and it seems like the doctors have given up on treating her too, choosing to treat the symptoms instead of the root cause. I can't do a thing either. It's upsetting, worrying but nothing we do can help.. Perhaps we should visit her soon? Just drop in on a weekend and provide some chatter and noise, shall we?

Anyway, I can't get over how beautiful and charming (and skinny) the female lead, Gong Hyo Jin is. I love all her dramas! And how is she getting prettier and prettier with age?!

 오와 매력이 많다 !

Since we have quite a bit of songs in this post, I'll just throw in a Chinese song too!

"不能做朋友" by 金韓一 
(who's interestingly Korean but prolly only known in China/Taiwan where he made his debut!)

Oh, I feel like going to the beach. Shall we too?

Ooh, some happy stuff - I watched MINIONS yesterday!! *\o/* 


I even wore a minion shirt to the theatres ahahaha - though it was quite daunting having to wear it and walk about town (pained expression) before we relocated to the cinemas elsewhere - and took pictures with everything minion I saw. And boy, there were minions, minions, everywhere! HAHAHA Photos will come later, after I figure out why I can't transfer pictures from my phone!


I wore a minion shirt specially for the movie! (picture on right) Someone gave it to me as a present a long time ago - I can't remember who eeks - but I could never find an appropriate occasion to wear it.. till the release of the Minions movie haha

Me and Jiejie ^3^

 Post-movie supper at MacDonalds (Harbourfront) where there was Minion Mania



Bello! We want banana!

Tulaliloo ti amo!

Kampai!

 
Muak Muak Muak! Poopaye!

No comments:

Post a Comment