Saturday, June 27, 2015

Family ^^

The sister's getting married soon and we went to pick wedding dresses together! She looked gorgeous in every single dress - haha it was more of filtering out the dresses which were less pretty (and gosh, I can't believe how tacky some dresses looked.. it's criminal to even allow those designs into the market) - and it was really difficult to settle on just 3 dresses for the photoshoot. 3 dresses... How can anyone do a photoshoot with a measly 3 dresses?! Bridal photography studios are just meanie beans. (pouts) If only I were richer, I would totally sponsor a dress or two for her and make it the best wedding album ever! On the bright side, the actual day dress collection is so much better (phew, thankfully) so yay, more beautiful dresses to feast my eyes on! Pssst, honestly considering a wedding dress designer job right now heh :P

 Why is my sister so pretty??! Haha I loved all the mermaid dress series <3
The studio didn't let us take photographs so I only managed to sneak a few shots, boo.

The two families also met for the first time during the banquet dinner tasting session and well, glad that they finally met! I honestly think it's really weird that the families are only meeting after the decision to get married was made but seems like this is how couples do things these days!

The happy bride and me

                           Daddy, Sis, Me, Cousie                                 Mummy dearest and me

It was Daddy's big 60th birthday bash two days earlier too (this was early June)! Happy birthday Daddy! Some people don't understand why others make a big fuss out of birthday celebrations but when birthdays (or special days) are the only events on which we can express our affections for each other, you can be assured that birthdays will be as big a deal it can get to us. Which explains why the sister brought us to The Line at Shangri-La Hotel for a buffet dinner (hands down the best buffet in Singapore), got him a fancy gift and Daddy dearest had the privilege of enjoying 3 birthday cakes hahah (one was on the house though).
 寿桃 from me!

好大的派头哦!这么多款蛋糕!

I also decided to make him a birthday card this year because.. 六十大寿嘛!I'm not sure what makes the ages of 16, 18, 21 and 60 so special but who cares, haha an occasion to celebrate is the time to celebrate \o/ The card didn't turn out as well as I intended it to be but he liked it.. so that's what matters!
Had to get out of the house to sketch this in secret haha

All coloured (and filled with my love)!
I really regretted the rainbow-coloured 'Happy' letters (orz) but sadly, there's no Crtl-Z when it comes to traditional drawing sobs

Heh, my logo ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment