Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Messy Thoughts

1. I realise that I can spend up to 40 minutes on Instagram, checking out drawings on random artists' pages. That is a problem, isn't it?

2. I have no issue when it comes to 'giving' but 'taking'.. I don't seem to fare particularly well there. For instance, when a friend offered to send care packages all the way from Hawaii a few weeks back, I hesitated. After thinking about how expensive it would be and the inconvenience possibly caused to the friend, I eventually declined the offer. In contrast, some friends immediately took him up on the offer and within a minute, their addresses were already in the chat group. Is that the "normal" response (or is there no one right response)? I do know that perhaps the friend didn't need any worrying on his part.. but really, are we supposed to be that thoughtless when making decisions? Then again, hah maybe thoughtlessness is the secret to getting the goodies in life? That said, the distinction between being considerate and thoughtless is quite arbitrary - for all I know, all those thoughts and concerns might have flashed through their minds in 30 seconds before their fingers started on their addresses (very unlikely, I must say).

I'm just not used to- or I would even go so far as to say that I dislike taking things/receiving help from others. Why so? Is it a fear of the feeling of dependence (or vulnerability)? Of being a liability to the other? Of the need for independence? (I'm still figuring it out myself)

3. From my Thailand trip, I've found out that I absolutely detest it when people unjustifiably tell me to "hurry up" (ie. when I fell behind because I stopped to keep my passport in my bag.. You see, the keyword here is "stopped". If I stopped, I'm obviously not moving whereas everyone else is still in motion so it's only natural that they'll then catch up with me, no?!). If I didn't see fit to hurry anyone when I was leading in front, don't you try and hurry me. "Hurry up" carries the negative connotation that one is moving far too slowly (well, at least to me) so if I'm not being a sloth, don't hurry me. And don't be surprised if I respond coldly/sarcastically (yes, I did) because hearing that annoys the 'ell out of me.

4. I like people who are responsible and can take care of themselves! <3 Oh, and considerate, thoughtful people!

5. I should wear a watch on my next trip.

6. Always look on the bright side when things screw up on an overseas trip. Since flying back home is not an option, why not make the best out of everything? (I'm proud to say I did this!)

7. I really, really, really like mango sticky rice. Hahahahaha I'm in love with it! The family never used to eat Thai desserts much on our previous trips so me encountering mango sticky rice and coconut ice cream on this trip was like.. Chang Er meeting Hou Yi again (HAHA I exaggerate but wah, damn yummy eh!) 

8. I think I'm suffering from travel fatigue. And my skin is peeling (from getting sunburnt twice) sian. Haha I'm partially to blame though (sheepish laugh) I was struggling to hold my shopping bags, a (complimentary) cup of coconut juice, a coconut bowl (for the ice cream), my phone and a brolly and since it wasn't possible to hold everything, I just gave up on the brolly and told the sun to shine all it wanted (and it didn't disappoint lol). 

9. Me wishes to do many things now but me has no stamina. (falls asleep)

10. Did I become fatter after the two trips? (anguished look) Haha I really need to lose weight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment