Saturday, July 11, 2015

Pre-Wedding Photoshoot Jitters (of.. the bride's sister)

It has been a meaningful week spent with the people I love, with the sister's pre-wedding photoshoot (the highlight of the week!) happening on Thursday and a couple of social gatherings scattered throughout the week.

I was so anxious/excited(?) before the photoshoot, I couldn't sleep well the night before - others may misunderstand that I'm the one getting married instead hahaha - because I was worrying about how the photos would turn out (I probably did more research than the couple.. hee), whether the weather would be good, whether the makeup would be pretty (this was a legit concern), whether I could take photos of them during the photoshoot etc. (and of course, the realisation that my sister is getting married for real finally sunk in) Essentially, the perfectionist in me was going craycray haha but thankfully, the worries turned out to be mostly unfounded. The photographer seemed to be good at what he was doing, the weather was lovely and we were blessed with a magnificent, glorious sunset at the end of the day. It was so amazingly beautiful.. I couldn't tear my gaze away from the skyline for a long time :') Anyway, in short, the photoshoot went really well and I managed to get some pretty good pictures of the outdoor shoot! ^^ My body's still aching from tagging along the whole day - I was the minion who was in charge of carrying the barang barang and taking pictures but I later doubled up as the lighting girl for the photographer (lol like that also can - free labour eh!) - but I'm extremely pleased that everything well \o/ Looking forward to the actual pictures for the wedding album!

We had to help the couple collect flowers and balloons first before we set off for the bridal studio!

12 roses <3 I didn't know that roses, paired with baby's breath, could be this gorgeous.

They started with the indoor shoot before we arrived.. I'm not going to post too many pictures lest I give the surprise away heh :) I want the guests to be amazed at how beautiful the photographs are (and astonished by her stunning beauty hahahaha)! *proud-sister beam*

Casual theme first 
(I missed this portion so I'm curious to see what poses they came  up with!)

Time to change into the wedding dress!!!! 
SO DEMURE AND PRINCESSY! PRETTIEST SISTER IN THE WORLD!
언니는 완전 예뻐요!

The photographer chided me for taking pictures in the studio so I had no choice but to stop.. and since I was bored, I started to play with their toys/props.

 
                   Bunny!                                        Bunny and Cookie Monster!

A & B

I honestly don't get why there's a prohibition on photo taking. It can't be to prevent pictures of their dress designs from being leaked because firstly, those designs will be on display for everyone to see on the actual day in the album, secondly, some of the designs are already showcased publicly on their site and lastly, the dresses will be for all to see once we do the outdoor shoot. If their only concern is profit (and it is la) - it's not a reasonable concern as well. To start with, I'm taking pictures with my phone's camera (so you can imagine the quality of the pictures - definitely not album-worthy). I'm also taking mostly behind-the-scenes shots because duh, the couple's looking at the photographer and not me (confirm not the kind of pictures you see in albums) and last but not least (but most importantly), the photos (if any) will be with me! There's NO way I can even attempt to save on the wedding album costs (which is crazy expensive, more on that later) because the studio's obviously not going to let me put pictures from my phone in the wedding album... and to be honest, why would I? I mean, not when there're pictures from a DSLR! It's just a very stupid policy, really. Fortunately, I wasn't bound by the rules once we ventured out of the studio because a. only the photographer was there, no pesky CCTVs pfft) b. they cannot justify the prohibition anymore ^^ haha I was fully prepared to argu- I mean, reason with them if they had tried to stop me (angry maddie is well, tough to deal with heh). If passerbys can take photos of them at will - and boy, so many of them did -.- but the most memorable encounter was with the KFCxSanta-lookalike heh - you can't stop me from doing the same ^^ at most, I'll just dump the minion job and take on the identity of a kaypoh 路人甲 who follows the couple around (LOL) and photographs them. There's no way they can stop me that way. (^~^)v

Anyway, 1st location: Fullerton Hotel!

"Taking to the Skies"
Special request by Photographer Meimei :D

Unobstructed view of MBS skyline <3

2nd location: Changi Airport, also the lovebirds' favourite 秘密基地!

I loveeeee my sister in all the pure white flowy/mermaid gowns! How can she be so pretty?!

3rd location: Upper Seletar Reservoir Park (for yes, the famous but ironically named 'Lonely Tree')

The tree of love ♡
The photographer told us that the tree was famous initially because it used to be trimmed in the shape of an inverted heart (or a spade but the latters sounds 10x less romantic, doesn't it haha) but now that no one trims it any longer, it has reverted to uh- a normal tree's shape hahahaha :P It's actually a very small tree in reality that somehow, manages to look huge and imposing in photos. Anyway, it's still a good subject for photos because of its thin canopy that gives off a sheer feel (works very well against the sunset), its convenient location between benches and the fact that it stands alone, tall and mighty.

Pause for a moment to admire the beauty within our skies.. 
First proper sunset I've witnessed and I wish I could have stayed for a longer time.. but the photographer and driver charge by the hour so we had to zip off once we were done with the photoshoot >< then again, the place was filled with insects (they were literally everywhere) and nosy monkeys (tried to steal my water but got caught in the act by me) so it wasn't entirely comfortable too. Next up, sunrise! \o/

The minion has to get a photo with the couple too right! ^^ Heh this reminds me that the last part of the photoshoot was quite funny ;) I couldn't toss the bridal veil the way the photographer wanted (this was for a photo I requested) so I got fed up and joked that he should throw it instead whilst I take the picture. And.. I can't believe he agreed HAHA he proceeded to wrap his camera strap around my wrist and let me use his camera! +10 points for spontaneity! The photo still didn't work out because I couldn't capture the right timing to click the shutter - I thought it was continuous shots but eh, his settings were 1 shot/click boohoo - but it was still fun!

The end of the (cute ahahaha) minion's workday! (eh, I even OT-ed haha photoshoots ain't easy guys - it started at 9.30 am and only ended at 8 pm!) This was my first time at Seletar Reservoir and nope, not leaving without a picture with the famous tree and the sunset of course! ^^

~ End ~

I'm quite tired now so I won't blog about the gatherings with friends so I shall let the pictures tell you the stories!
#lunch


#10S06T


#graduation





#itsbeenalongjourney

#gradlo

#teehee

And here's my favourite photo to end off the day,

I'm glad to have these girls with me.

Goodnight, world.

No comments:

Post a Comment