Wednesday, April 15, 2015

One exam left!

I wish I were an exchange student right now.

Hah, then the exam would be graded on a pass/fail basis and I can stop being angsty over it. I admit that time management was especially poor this round but in my defense, there was really too little time..! I had 90 minutes for 2 essay questions (20 minutes reading time but I spent an extra 10 minutes feeling confused about which question to pick because I wasn't particularly confident about any - sigh, so much for the revision) so that works out to 45 mins/question. I ended up with a 60-35 divide (heavy sigh) because I got stuck when answering the first question. That I ended up wasting so much time on a question I prepared for..? Laughable. Joke. I had the relevant points listed down on my notes(!) but I simply didn't know how to use them to answer the question - it's always the how-to-start-writing stage that gobbles up all the time. It's peculiar how this "writer's block" has been occurring mainly in the last 2 semesters but.. aiya, what to do. When the words refuse to come, they just don't come. And so, precious time flapped their wings and flew away without even a second (pitiful) glance at the troubled writer, leaving this writer with clearly inadequate time for the second question. Coupled with the fact that I didn't know how to answer the question- cues doomsday music.

In hindsight, I should have chosen another question that was much easier to answer but like I said.. this thought only occurred to me post-exam (more specifically, the thought hit me after I packed my bags and went to the washroom, oww) so.. one word: SIAN.

I'm prolly not going to get a good grade for the exam (sad mokie face) which is gonna drag my overall grade down. Ah. All that effort.

Then again, on the bright side (why does it still look gloomy here), after the past week of intensive revision, I can say that I've learnt quite a bit on the subject. And if the learning process, not the result, is what matters - then it's isn't too bad, I suppose?

I shall go buy some salad to cheer myself up :D

Heh, salad craving since Monday.

It's Holland V already! Time to alight!

No comments:

Post a Comment