Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Yawns.

Ack, my back hurts. I was so preoccupied with dealing with the scratches/bruises at the back of my knees, I forgot that I had fallen on my back and that it would be natural for it to hurt.

Anyway, today has been a really unproductive day (in terms of work) but who cares! Hahaha \o/ I was supposed to start on my research paper today or at the very least, decide on a topic but... (exaggerated sweeping hand motion) distractions, distractions, everywhere! More significantly, I couldn't sleep last night so efficiency/productivity levels were l-o-o-o-o-w-w. I must have been really tired today (I say, 'must have been' because I didn't feel the exhaustion but a pretty bad headache set in mid-day) because I slept like a baby from 4.30pm to 7.30pm. A 3-hour nap! Achievement unlocked!

I haven't been feeling well since yesterday too - which sucks - so looking forward to a better, healthier and more feel-good tomorrow!

Anyway, some things to get settled by Friday:
  • Taiwan packing list (oh, and buy a pair of formal shoes!!)
  • Register on SILE site (and submit documents...)
  • Decide on a research topic and start writing something, anything hahah
  • Flight check-in on Friday morning, decide on leisure options during the long journey to Taiwan
  • Confirm itinerary for places outside Taipei, confirm route to hotel
  • Settle transport to TaoYuan airport (return flight to Singapore) - a lil scared of taking a cab on my own early in the morning so let's consider taking the subway...
  • Think about when I can finally give the two professors their long overdue 'thank you' cards D:
Am I excited about the Taiwan trip? Kinda.. and kinda not too (laughs) I'm always excited about visiting new places but I guess it's just happening too quickly! Exams ended a couple days ago and we're already jetting off to Taiwan this Sunday! Whoa, slow down man! I haven't had much family time or time to myself so.. it would be a lie if I say that the rushed schedule hasn't been disorienting or overwhelming. 

Then again, the past few days have been real enjoyable and memorable. Met up with the bestie at my house (at my house!! *screams*), had the first wedding planning meeting with the sister's friends, met up with the law girls in school for the obligatory graduation shots (not gonna forget the malu fall anytime soon) and oh, the post-conflicts chat was awesome too (talking about love (or lack thereof), life, sociology and legal theory and philosophy hahaha)! I smiled and laughed a lot over the past few days, prolly more than I did in the past 2-3 weeks (: which is good!

I have a few upcoming social events that I'm not too eager about though.. I'm meeting my Korean buddy (she's lovely and all that but... I still hardly know anything about her) before she leaves and I foolishly suggested/promised to go visit an ice cream place with a friend. Fat Cat is famous for its charcoal waffle drizzled with salted yolk sauce so it's a must-try.. but if we have to eat it (and I must eat it because Fat Cat is all the way in far-flung Bedok and I'm not gonna leave without trying their specialty).. that means we will have to share the ice cream on the waffle. We could cut the waffle up but who cuts up a scoop of ice cream?! (weeps) hahaha Those who've known me for a long time would know that I don't (or dislike to) share food like ice cream, yoghurt or anything watery/sticky/meltable... so how? Thankfully, he hasn't contacted me about the ice cream outing yet so I can pretend I don't know anything about it. XD

I also told yet another friend a few months back that I would treat him to ice cream (because he wanted ice cream) - why does it always have to be ice cream haha - but fortunately, this cafe doesn't have waffles. And I doubt the treat is gonna happen soon.. which isn't altogether an unpleasant thought.. because I don't like awkward ice cream eating experiences teehee :P

Speaking of desserts, patbingsu places are springing up like wild mushrooms in Singapore! I'm gonna try O'ma Bingsu at Marina Square this Thursday and I'm hoping I can bring my sister to BingGoJung this Saturday night or something! The latter's really good ^_^)b and surprisingly affordable at the same time. Two thumbs up for being delicious and yet, not too pricey! I'm not a dessert-person (and neither do I have a separate stomach for desserts and sweets) but bingsu? I'm up for that anytime!

It's been a long journey and I'm glad we all made it to the finishing line together.

No comments:

Post a Comment