Sunday, May 11, 2014

A.R.T.

I was walking back to Sinchon yesterday when I came across a group of people huddled in a circle around two guys tinkering with spray paint. (the fun part about Sinchon is that you'll never know what delightful surprises to expect every weekend) There were these amazing artworks displayed around them and by the looks of it (they had a table-plastic-shield contraption), they were about to perform and recreate those artworks on the spot! I wanted to stay and watch the performance so badly but unfortunately, I was already running late for a dinner appointment so I had to give it a miss. But not before taking a few snaps of the fantastic artworks and more importantly, their introduction board.

I'm glad I did.

These are the people behind the street performance and if I've piqued your interest enough, you can watch their performance here (start from 3:30 till 8:30). You won't regret it.

There are so many crazily talented people out there in the world who are just doing their own thing (and excelling at it) - that it makes me wonder.. Will I ever be able to join the ranks of these inspiring artists? To do what I love and to do it remarkably as well?

On a side-note, some artists who have caught my attention this week:
Chalk Art - this is new to  me but I'm not sure how legit it is, considering the source of it, but regardless of its medium, still mind-blowing!
Shadow Art - Takes a great deal of planning and creative imagination and although I've always been fascinated by the end products, this art form has never really appealed to me.

I've been procrastinating like crazy since this morning - I totally don't feel like doing any work and the current reading is so ridiculously boring (I think). But let's see how it goes. I'll go get a snack from the kitchen and decide what to do after that. Gahhhh. Boring. Lonely. Don't wanna do work. Need a longer weekend. Gimme a break. More breaks. Long weekend again please.#ranting #monologue HAHA


No comments:

Post a Comment