Thursday, May 29, 2014

Dilemma: To skip or not to skip.

I wish I slept earlier. Doh.

I was supposed to sleep at midnight but here I am, still awake at such an unearthly hour. The worst part? I've made little progress with the research paper.. I haven't been able to work on it over the past two days because I spent the time meeting up with a friend from Singapore and so, I was supposed to work on it a whole lot more today. But the words just ain't coming! Even when they do, I end up questioning their relevance (half the time, I'm just like, "what in the world am I writing?"). It's frustrating and making me angry at the same time. I only have 4 more days left till the presentation but I have a picnic and concert scheduled on Saturday and a outfield trip on Sunday. What have I gotten myself into????? I can't request to change the picnic date because it's a class thing.. and yet, it wouldn't be polite to be a no-show on that day. Will I be able to finish my paper, slides and script by Monday? Sigh. I gotta be the only student, in the entire history of SMU exchange students, who is feeling stressed out by work and exams. I need to learn to take it easyyyyyy.

To make things worse, my exam next saturday clashes with MY concert of the year (and yes, I paid a fortune for the ticket). If you thought the 6-hour mid-term exam was horrifying, imagine my reaction upon learning that the final exam is going to be a freaking 12-hour long thing. I was just speechless. I could only laugh awkwardly at the professor and space out. Apart from the insane duration of the exam (same conditions apply), I'm in a dilemma as to whether I should still go/can go for the concert. I definitely can't finish the 12-hour paper in half the time (if I go for the concert, I have to be done in 7 hours) but should I just "Yolo" it and go for the concert? The rational side of me disagrees and prioritizes the exam but the other 'me' resists the idea of skipping the concert. It's one of the highlights of the trip!

Life and its choices.
Life and its 12-hour exams. (SIAO)
Life and its frustrating research papers.

Give me a break, will ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment