Thursday, May 8, 2014

Breakfast Woes

I mentioned in a previous post that the meal I enjoy most everyday is breakfast. I still do - breakfast remains the most comforting time of the day to me - but this week, I find myself making an effort to wake up early just for breakfast and that reduces the joy factor significantly. I could have slept in longer this morning but I rolled myself off the bed. Why..? Just so that the loaf of bread I bought the day before will not go to waste. A single loaf consists of 10 slices of bread but it expires within 3 days. Apart from the fact that it's not really possible to eat 3.3 slices of bread for 3 consecutive days (plus I don't always have the time to sit down and make 3 Nutella /peanut butter sandwiches), if I happen to even skip breakfast for a day, that would immediately result in wastage of 3 slices of bread. So no, I can't waste food like this. T^T Why is breakfast turning into a chore whenever I buy a loaf of bread... Orz

Tomorrow, I'll have to wake up early (say, 9am?) to do my laundry (pesky chore gah) and have an early breakfast.. because in order to not waste my ingredients, I have to cook lunch. In other words, I need to have both breakfast and lunch. Since lunch time should be before 3pm and it takes about 45 minutes for preparation and cooking, I'll have to start by 1pm. And in order for my tummy to be ready for lunch, breakfast cannot end any later than 10.30 am. So that leaves me with a really early breakfast - early because Friday is my free day. If not, it would be awful indeed if I had to stuff myself with food just so to reduce wastage. Then again, it's tedious (mentally) to have an early breakfast because my roomie usually sleeps till late, hence I have to be so very careful and conscious of the plastic packaging's loud rustling noises. Let me tell you from weeks of personal experience - having to minimize the sounds and make breakfast in silence (whilst checking every few minutes on the sleeping roomie - every toss and turn unsettles me) is a h.o.r.r.i.b.l.e thing. The same applies to using the toilet in the morning, brushing my teeth (interesting observation: the sound of the running tap is 100,000,000 times more effective than her 10 alarms - did I mention, I HATE her alarms), washing my hands, taking a shower and even eating my breakfast (am I chewing too loudly? or just nice?) - if not, I'm practically tip-toeing around the tiny room and trying not to make any noise. To do this first thing in the morning when one wakes up? On an almost daily basis? 살려 주세요.

Meanwhile, can anyone come and help eat my bread and broccoli (and perhaps eat with me)? *puppy dog eyes*

Speaking of cooking ingredients, I find it quite amusing how I always start off worrying, "how in the world am I going to finish like, 15 florets of broccoli?" only to end up with a reasonably-sized portion of food. This is because by some stroke of luck or owing to the work of some external force (let-your-food-soar force?), some of my ingredients always end up flying (off the table, onto the floor), leaving me with just the right amount of food. For instance, once I was thinking to myself, "how am I going to finish this part of the carrot by today?" and wheeee, 1/4 of the carrot conveniently rocketed off the chopping board whilst I was cutting it up. Another time, I was wondering about how to finish the capsicum when my hand slipped and poing, quite a few slices decided to go bungee jumping (down the sink). It happens every now and then - my groceries escaping, much to my delight - it's almost as if they knew that too much of them would overwhelm me. :P

Anyway, gotta go back to my work.

On an unrelated note, I've been buying so many pens and markers recently D: hahaha I now have 2 black pens, 4 coloured markers and 4 highlighters (not including the stationery I brought from Singapore)! They're wonderful for drawing purposes - I did some drawing practice today (see below) - and boy, I think I'm gonna buy the entire set of 10 colours before I go back to Singapore heh :D Fun FUn FUN!

Check out the funny looking monk in the second picture (top left) ahahha XD

I need to practice more! Skills got a bit rusty ever since uni started..


No comments:

Post a Comment