Monday, May 26, 2014

Rainy Day

It's raining really heavily right now - been pretty much raining the entire day - and here I am, sitting at my desk, trying to achieve the impossible (aka finish my work). On a happier note, I'm almost at the 3000-word mark for my research paper so that leaves me with about 1000 more words to go! It's really tedious work trying to analyse a movie in that many words (haha) but I still have a week so cheer me on! I can do it! *\o/*

Sunday was supposed to be my day off; it was D-Day to venture out of Seoul, explore new places, see new sights and create new memories.. but I changed my mind this morning after checking the weather forecast. The last thing I need right now is to huddle miserably under my tiny umbrella, braving the cold rain and strong winds, only to get drenched pathetically. So I cancelled my plans to visit Incheon (planned for weeks, sigh) and decided to stay in to, do what else but work! I went out for lunch and dinner so at least I got fresh air and some exercise but the rest of the time was either spent on work or a power nap. I didn't get to explore new places as I intended to but surprisingly, it was a fair enough day. Passable, if not mildly enjoyable. (: No stress by the rain, no stress from people, no stress from work (I lie - workload is overwhelming) - just me and my nice, comfortable room. For once, the room was actually cold (yippie!) because it was raining and I opened the balcony doors to let the wind in. We're not going to get the same cool air everyday (would I trade natural air conditioning for rain.. hmmm, maybe not?) so I really hope the Housing Office switches on the air conditioner soon.. before we all suffocate from the heat. It was so warm under the covers last night because there was hardly any air circulation in the room and I took a long time to fall asleep. *frowns in displeasure* We're paying so much for the room so at the very least, give me some ventilation!!! Staying at the basement means we rarely get natural ventilation (the wind) since the building blocks the airflow! And even if we do get natural air conditioning, we get free guests (the very unwelcome mozzies) too - why should slapping mosquitoes be our night past-time?! NUUUUUUUUUU *flips table* ahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment