Sunday, October 5, 2014

My Obsession with Empress Ki


It has been a somewhat unhealthy obsession but I'm finally done with all 51 episodes. It has also been one 'ella of an emotional roller coaster ride but I don't regret watching it one bit. With its gripping plot and powerful performances by Ha Ji Won, Ji Chang Wook (this puppy dog can sure act) and Joo Jin Mo etc, this drama definitely lives up to its reputation (as 2013's Best Series Drama). It portrays a riveting account of the Mongolian empire and narrates a semi-fictional story about the lives of Toghon Temür (1320-1370) and his empress, Empress Ki. It's impressive how the drama explored the themes of loyalty, love, hate, injustice and patriotism and I could empathise with all the emotions the main characters felt. Perhaps, a little too much, for it messed me up for a while (consequence of investing too much feelings) and affected my daily routine. That aside, it got me really interested in the Mongol Empire and its Khagans (whom we know more familiarly as Khans) and when I have the time, I'll go read up more on the history of the Mongolians! How exciting!

All thanks to the drama, I love Ha Ji Won and Jin Yi Han now! :3

 Just because I like archery :P
And she's such a cool/strong/amazing/pretty/capable role model.

Sungnyang and Tal Tal!! 

What a dashing young man! *_*
My sister calls him the small-eyed guy but that's precisely what I love about him! I love his eyes and his intense-until-can-shoot-laser-beams-and-melt-womens-hearts gaze when he get all serious.

 Two words; 
Completely smitten.

Note to self: You can find Yi Han and Jaejoong's news here! Such a coincidence that they're best friends hehe! (fated to like him haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment