Sunday, August 23, 2015

Memories

Recap of some events over the past few weeks!

Exhibition on Lee Kuan Yew
I had to hold back tears as I browsed through the photographs and watched the video of his funeral procession.. It was very heartening to see the people of Singapore come together and mourn the loss as one people, one nation. It was a solemn affair but one filled with grace and gratitude.
A true giant of history, Mr. Lee and his legacy will never be forgotten.

Happy 50th Birthday, Singapore!
My One and Only Homeland!

SALADS! <3
Haha I have frequent cravings for salads but my wallet just can't afford it D:

Went back to school to meet the girls for dinner (._.'') and hey, it turned out that Vivace was going on! Looking at all these fresh and young kids with boundless energy makes me feel old already -.- but the atmosphere was good!

My card company at work again ^^ this time, I changed things up and made a Chinese card!

Back to school again the next day to return the commencement gown and meet a friend /o/ To show how much I missed school, I even wore the SMU shirt there hahahah Just kiddin'! I happened to like the shade of grey the shirt was in and the Chinese characters reminded me of Kanji so.. just bought one during graduation.

NEW SNEAKERS! Okay, new but also not that new.. (laughs)
I bought them in Chuncheon and sent them back to Singapore during exchange 1.5 years(!) ago but when I came back home, I couldn't find them at all! They just vanished into thin air..! Until 1 week ago when my mum cleared out all the shoe cabinets at home hahaha

The main purpose of the trip back to school HAHA
Sheldon = Happiness

Met mommy for dinner and ended up doing some shopping oooh (which is pretty rare for me haha)!
Teehee this is my happy stash of goodies! \(^~^)/ I got a new bag (that can finalllllly fit my laptop!), a journal (at 1/3 its original price!) and 11 sets of stickers (for my card company haha and my sister's wedding guestbook)! 10 for $10 - WHAT A STEAL! 有一点‘不买会对不起自己’的感觉 哈哈哈哈 I'm not a fan of extravagance but when it comes to books, stickers and family, the wallet's out even before I know it hahah

I finally jumped on the colouring book bandwagon (naww I wouldn't have done so if not for the storewide discount lol) but because I'm too cool for the oh-so-mainstream Enchanted Forest colouring book, I went for Secret Japan instead hahaha I mean, it's "colouring for mindfulness"! How zen please hahha :P Honestly, I don't think I have the time and patience to colour them but.. I was so drawn to the traditional architecture and costume colouring templates. *_* Then again, it's a good opportunity to practise my colouring/shading techniques and learn how to draw buildings and floral patterns so.. looking forward to a colouring session soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment