Monday, March 3, 2014

First Day at School! (sort of haha)

It's kinda late and I have morning class tomorrow so I shall keep this post short, with fewer words and more pictures! Today was the first day of school and I had 2 different classes that lasted a total of 4 hours. The first was pretty interesting because we had a professor with a good sense of humor whereas the second was slightly sleep-inducing. The professor doesn't have an excellent grasp of the English language, so it was slightly tiring to see him strain to speak coherently and string proper sentences together. All in all, I'm excited to learn more - though I wouldn't like to study that much hee :D So I started off my day with brunch...

As usual, there was no breakfast and so I had brunch with Deannie at this tofu stew place (yay tofu!) near school before we headed back for classes.

Side dishes (반찬) were yummy cos there were bean sprouts(콩나물) and the fishcake thingy (오뎅)!

 We had unpolished rice ohmygawdddddd :D HOW AWESOME IS THAT!

 My combination tofu soup - initially I thought it meant a combination of different tofus but alas, it actually meant a combination of random ingredients like...... beef. T___T
MOO.

Then we headed back to school for classes!

First classroom - pretty decent although the presence (and use) of the blackboard was quite shocking hahaha

 Second classroom - much narrower and definitely less comfortable. I guess the designer thought that undergraduate students are generally smaller, skinnier and able to fit into constrained spaces? (the first classroom was for a graduate course) Interesting seats though - makes me feel like I'm in a movie theatre lols - instead of the seat being folded upwards, the front of the seat here folds inwards/forward.
Pssst, my professor is actually in the picture - see if you can spot him (or his butt) HAHA!

View of my cool laptop sticker and the classroom HAHA

After class ended at 5pm, I rushed back to drop off my laptop (the same ol' mountainous trek that leaves me breathless) and folders and thought of taking a short nap before dinner. Sadly, the two friends I was supposed to meet were done with classes earlier than I expected (early dismissal) and I had to rush out again, just 5 minutes after reaching my dormitory. D: There went my nap AND snack time.

Late dinner at Pizza Hut... Carbonara pasta that tasted weird :/ I ate it anyway because I was so freaking hungry (lunch was at 11am and dinner at 8pm), I could have just nommed the entire table. This plate of pasta is SO NOT worth 10,900W (almost S$13) - I'm probably not going to eat at Korea's Pizza Hut again.. unless I have crazy pizza cravings (I hardly do). Bleh.

Food's really expensive in Korea and somehow, I've been spending so much money everyday on just my daily meals and daily necessities. It's depressing to see precious money just vanish quickly like that.. >< Time to go on a diet? Or budget meal options? Gah, I need to stop spending so much moneyyyyyyyy. 

TIME TO SLEEP! It's 25 minutes past my bedtime already!! BYEEE *waves excitedly*

Cute chocolates to sign off for the day/night! :D 
Goodnight ya all and as always, missing you guys!

Note: I bought a loaf of bread today. I CAN'T WAIT to have a normal breakfast tomorrow! YAYY!

No comments:

Post a Comment