Sunday, March 23, 2014

Self-realisation

I realise I shouldn't be too critical of the things here - I'm here for an amazing, eye-opening, superb, once in a lifetime exchange experience so I should just quit complaining and enjoy the things as they are. I'll try haha (whine less, post about happy things more)!

That said, I do have to clarify..

I really do like the food.

the music,

the street atmosphere,

the natural beauties in the environment,

the clothes,

the weather (save for the Asian dust),

the chance encounters with Kpop groups (feel really blessed and lucky to have had these chances),

the intriguing conversations (I love to learn new things),

the new friends,

and the interesting sights,

it's just.. the people, I guess.

It has come to a point where I'm just so sick and tired of how xenophobic they are (and they claim the Japanese are the xenophobic ones) and how their national pride sometimes interferes with the building of relationships. As I've said, it would be much more pleasant if they pretended to be friendly, whether to earn/scam your money or to further some other agenda, rather than be looked at with distaste and treated to a complimentary round of sniggering. Sometimes, I walk on the streets in Korea and think - somewhat sadly - to myself that, "living in Korea isn't that great after all." The feeling doesn't linger around for long but these moments do occur - and it's usually during these times that I find myself missing home a lot.

Then again, not everyone has this ahhhhmazing opportunity of getting to see random Kpop idols live in Korea so.. let's just focus on that and try to ignore the negative aspects of living in Korea as a foreigner. KPOP WOOTS! *\o/* Hahahahah SMILEEE :D

Turning to more positive things..

I was SO happy yesterday to have seen BtoB yesterday! It was apparently an America's Next Top Model filming session and BtoB formed the judging panel. I didn't get to see the entire event because we were busy having dinner (and missed the performance and street walk) but I still got to see them up-close, and FOR FREE! Muahahaha the 'free' part made the experience even better! ^__^)v I mean, you can pay S$120+ for a concert ticket and get to watch them perform live, but you're at least 20-30m away from them? Yesterday, I was about approximately 4m away from my favourite member, Eunkwang (and perhaps Ilhoon too) and I didn't have to pay a cent. (cues maniacal laughter again) Hehehehe I didn't get to see them perform but they did dance a lil to their song and even went around waving to fans and shaking-or-slapping-their-palms. Ah, if only I were taller and had longer hands haha - I was behind this really tall couple (who had another tall girl in front of them) so.. it was difficult for me to reach out to get a handshake or to even get a constant clear view - I had to tip-toe the whole time whilst dealing with this crazy fangirl (behind me) who kept pushing me away (and off-balance, tsk). I fully understand that she has problems getting a perfect view as well since she's short but hey, I can't see that well from my position too and it won't help if I fall! Heh fortunately, weeks of climbing the hill in school have helped strengthened my calf muscles and I kept my balance :D Here are some awesome pictures - fine, they are not that awesome cos I took them with my phone but still GOOD. The downside of having these ad hoc/pop-up/surprise Kpop events/appearances is that I'm almost always caught unprepared though ):< I don't usually bring my camera around with me when I'm in school or out in Sinchon, so I only have my iPhone to rely on. Then again, I'm more worried about the memory space running out than the poorer photo resolution lol!

ENJOY!
           
             



 (left) Miss J and someone from ANTM  (right) Eunkwang!

Anyway, I DIDN'T SNACK AFTER DINNER TODAY! 天大的喜事! HAHAHA XP I've been snacking so much since I've arrived in Korea (guilty look) - teehee - that I really need to control these crazy snacking urges! It doesn't help that the convenience store is a mere 3 minutes away and it's filled with oh-so-delicious Korean biscuits/snacks :D (piggy look) My favourite snack has got to be this Simpsons cereal-biscuit-thingys(?) - it's crazy how many of the Simpsons characters I can eat at a go (feeling fat again) and I'm already on my second box in 2/3 weeks. I chomped on it this afternoon and to stop myself from eating too much, I ended up "hiding" it on my highest shelf ahahaha It's really crunchy and addictive! It also reminds me of home because I saw the very same pack of biscuits at Candy Empire just a couple of days before I left for Korea. <3 haha gotta stop snacking too much though! Still, I have to admit that my snack shelf is extremely well-stocked and very appealing though heh


I just spent 20 minutes on a call and this post so I gotta return to my dreary readings! GOGOGO!

Some pictures of me at the KBS Exhibition Hall yesterday, just goofing around and having fun. Best part was finding where the recording studios are (for live radio broadcasts) so I now know where to go if I wanna catch SJ's Kiss the Radio session! ^^ I also went to Noryangjin fish market yesterday but I'll leave that for another day!


 (left) Check out the similar expressions! (right) Jamaica and I (:
With my new friend, Tilda from Finland (land of Santa Claus!)!

 Just playing around with the interactive media displays X) (epic fail at trying to dance with them)


 For QiQi - Not sure which one is your favourite - I'm guessing second from the left - but 2D1N pictures for you! 

 HAPPY TOGETHER! BERRY HAPPY TO SEE YOOJAESUK, EVEN IF JUST IN A POSTER!

 Meow~

They were filming something in the studio downstairs but I have no idea who they are or what it's for - fun to 'spy' on them though!

Missing all of your silliness and laughter! Goodnight, world! (:

Meanwhile, something to think about for the rest of the day and week..

No comments:

Post a Comment