Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Losing Weight?

Random Ramblings

My favourite picture thus far - just had to post this because I really like the picture. The smiles are so natural, the colours dreamy and everything just fits together so well in the photo.. \(^___^)/


Start of Post

I've been trekking up and down the hill so much.. my sister joked that I might end up losing weight this way. HAHA I might get toned but losing weight... *sheepish look* it's gonna be difficult when there are so many delicious korean snacks around heehee! :P I love the mini fish waffles (오잉빵) and rice cake cups (떡볶이) and there always seems to be something to eat around every corner. Of course, I'm not snacking like crazy (I prefer my own personal stash of snacks in my room, such as my digestive biscuits, sweet potato sticks and animal crackers) but it seems like losing weight is going to be tough considering that the food here isn't exactly the most healthy thing. My aim is just to eat healthily and get regular exercise (will start visiting the gym from next Tuesday!!) - and if any weight is lost in the process, woohoo, AWESOME.

Today, I had my third module (but with the same professor from my second module) - Constitutionalism: Past and Present. The professor speaks with this somewhat-lazy drawl that I find quite amusing but apart from that, I'm really quite excited to learn more about the origins and significance of Constitutions in countries like Japan, South Korea and South Africa. I'm not sure if the eager-to-learn-more feeling outweighs the oh-no-so-sian-gotta-study-so-much-again one, but.. it appears that we really have to do our readings..... The professor estimated an average of 50-60 pages per week for Comparative Constitutional Traditions and since we have to submit a review of each week's readings in advance, I guess there's no running away from studying. I have no idea how a law senior who studied at SNU said that she got by without studying much... *pleads, "teach me the secret skill pleaseeee"* Hahaha I didn't go on exchange to escape the studying - surprisingly, that wasn't part of the motivation at all - but it still sucks to know that holy, this feels like SMU all over again!

I was actually going to write more.. but I saw something that made me think about certain things. Some people radiate happiness and contentment when in love and whilst that happiness can be infectious, it also makes one feel somewhat lonely, knowing that such happiness ultimately belongs to another. Ah, well.

Moving on to more joyous and merry things, I saw toilet rolls being sold individually and in pairs at the convenience store! They are so expensive, I have no idea who actually buys them.. when you can buy the entire pack? In the event that any of you ever find yourselves in the situation where you need a single roll of loo paper, you know where to look!


Anyway, we stayed in for dinner tonight (Deannie cooked pasta) so here are pictures of some of my own groceries! The sausages aren't mine though - I just helped label them haha (: We have to label things here cos people who come in and out of the kitchen just take/use anything they wish. *pissed* Someone took my new saucepan from my storage area (there are many storage 'boxes' below the sink) and left it somewhere else. The audacity. ANGRY BIRD 五只!If you really have to borrow my saucepan, fine, go ahead but at least have the friggin' decency to return it to its original position. RUDE and UNCULTURED PEOPL-NO-THIEVES. 

 We have some very expressive sausages here heh ;)

 The carrots ain't half bad themselves X) (veggies nommmm)

Tofu's just being itself - bland as usual ahaha

I'm tired so I'm going to bed now! No class tomorrow cos it was cancelled so that simply means.. SLEEPING IN! WOOTS. As usual, a goodnight picture for the family (no, I haven't been narcissistic if you were thinking that way!)! I think I look a lil different here due to the very pronounced double eyelids (for once, yay!) and a tired me but oh wells!

Goodnight and Take Care everyone!
Stay away from the haze (I'm not better off in Korea because the Asian Dust has arrived and it makes the air smell sour-sorta-putrid gosh - it's an awful smell) and get masks if necessary!

Note to Bunny: I wish I didn't have to use my surprise note so quickly ): because that would only mean that you're being troubled by work.. but cheer up! 언니 힘내요! Everything's going to be alright! Remember what I said about karma? Just keep doing your own thing and as long as you're doing the right thing, things will turn out fine! *BIG HUG FOR YOU* <3 아자아자 화이팅!

2 comments:

  1. For a moment I really thought the sausages had faces (they don't right??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA DEB!!! They don't! XP (my carrots cute right heehee)

    ReplyDelete