Friday, March 21, 2014

Pensive mood


I thought Spring had finally arrived when I woke up to blue skies and fluffy white clouds this morning but that notion was dispelled almost immediately by gusts of cold wind. Brrrr thankfully, I was wearing thermal today (just the shirt only though, legs were freezing as usual) and the cold was still bearable.

Anyway, I just got back from Hapjeong after meeting my LE buddy, Jiwon and boy, my throat's really dry.

I've pretty much been talking the entire afternoon and now, all I wanna do is to hole up in my room (away from these icy and chilly winds) and read a magazine/watch a drama/sleep/sleep more and just hibernate. A similar situation happened yesterday during the cell meeting where I found myself talking and talking, yakking on and on so as to maintain a conversation. It really is quite perplexing. Why am I the one who's doing most of the talking? I joined the Mentors' Club because I wanted someone to talk to me! I want to meet a local who's interested in making friends, in meeting exchange students and just being friendly! Not someone who sits across me quietly whilst eating dinner! >______< I hate awkward moments so I had to fill up the void with incessant chatter (nah, not at that level) but after 10 minutes or so, I got tired and just withdrew into myself. Just eat, look at other customers and continue eating. My mentor wasn't that much friendlier either - she seemed to be more at ease talking to the fellow mentors (in Korean) than engaging us in conversation. I tried, I really did. But I'm not here to get stressed out over whether I can build friendships with my mentor(s) or not - if they can't do their part, I'll just do what I can (I'll still try) and if it still doesn't work out, then so be it. *shrugs* I've been 'putting myself out there' already (funny, the way my friend describes it) and also putting in so much effort to be chatty and outgoing, so if they can't invest the same time and effort as me, then fine by me. The best part? I found out yesterday that my mentor hates Kpop. Wow, just wow. I've known all along that not all Korean youngsters listen to, or like Kpop (some even despise it), which is why I had specifically requested for someone who listens to Kpop, so that we have at least one common topic. Now, I've ended up with the exact opposite. (awkward)

Haha just gonna take a break from being sociable-maddie and get some precious me-time!

In any case, I really enjoyed my lunch today (it was free woohoo) because I got to eat my favourite sandwich and the tomato soup I ordered was FANTASTIC. It was chock full of vegetables like potatoes, broccoli, carrots, onions and everything wonderful *-* (moved) ahahah sadly, it was a small bowl and I slurped it up in no time :D Nyamnyam! It's a tad expensive for such a small bowl though - 6000W (S$7.50). My buddy made me order too many things and so I ended up packing the sandwiches for tea (nibbled on them at like, 5pm) haha

 
Shop's name is SLUNCH - it's a franchise and since the franchisee is my LE buddy's mom, I got the meal for free haha ^^)b (I offered to pay of course but she didn't want to take the money)

 The sandwich was DELECTABLE, the soup was MARVELLOUS and even the salad, with all the almond slices, was DELICIOUS! (I miss the Tanjong Pagar salad though >~<)

Anyway today's record: Finally drank a full cup of beer! The only reason why I drank it was because I had to pay for it (one of the downsides of huge group dinners gah) and I knew I wouldn't be able to eat 10,000W worth of chicken (yes, oh dear we had ChiMek again - CHICKEN ARGH - only ate 4 pieces of chicken in the end). I had to hold my breath with every sip though because I really dislike the bitter/sour smell that goes up my nose when I drink. I just focused on the fizzy aftertaste and tried tricking myself into believing that it was just bitter and gassy water. I've never been happier to see a cup become empty because that simply meant that I wouldn't have to go through that again! hahaha what weird logic, I know T^T Sorry to all beer-lovers out there but I honestly have no idea what's so good and enjoyable about beer. It's darn bitter, it makes you fat and bloated and it's just.. not tasty in the least.

The chicken's the only one smiling after dinner - everyone was so annoyed over the food being served.

This jug of beer was even larger than the one in one of the earlier posts - this was more like a bucket of beer already -.- and that's my delightfully empty cup yay!

Everyone got quite antsy after 'dinner' so we headed to a jajangmyun shop thereafter and I shared this with a friend (communal eating everywhere). It was goooood though and I'm definitely going back there to try the other dishes!

Oh, have I mentioned that I'm so SICK of eating chicken already? The vegetarian place at Sinchon is now my new favourite eatery and I'm sooo gonna try everything on the list hee :D Eating vegetables keep me sane, satisfied and happy! 

Anyway, popping off to bed now! Didn't end up sleeping at 12 or doing my readings lol - goodnight photo for the day and till we meet again! 
GOODNIGHT and SWEET DREAMS! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment