Saturday, March 8, 2014

Zoo Visit!

It has been a really long day today - woke up at 8am for the zoo visit and we didn't leave the zoo till 4-ish in the afternoon - so I'm totally bushed right now. It was a pretty long train ride to the Grand Park Station (around 45 minutes from Sinchon) and to our utter horror (actually, only much to my horror), the Seoul Zoo is a 1.2km walk from the ticketing office! We chose to walk there instead of taking the tram because the latter would involve us missing out on certain attractions, and boy- did it turn out to be the right choice! The view was simply mesmerizing and the air - cool, crisp and fresh. You don't get sights like these in Singapore and I took the chance to just soak it all in (:


Oh right, and did I mention - I was a giraffe for the day! I actually bought it for my sister (who lurvess giraffes and is a bit of a giraffe herself aha) but since I was at the zoo, why not I just wear it first? (;


So here's a picture of our group! You might spot the 4 familiar faces (Lewis (Thai but studying in Australia) on the far left, Jamaica (Singaporean but staying in Australia) next to him, Shaun (Singapore) and Kevin (Hawaii) on my right) which have been popping up in recent pictures - this is the group of friends that I usually hang out with and they're all wonderful and friendly people! Today, two new friends joined us for the zoo outing and there's Erika (a huge Infinite-Sungyeol fan who's Japanese American) with the bunny ears and Moses from SMU Economics on my left! It's always great to meet new (good) people and I genuinely enjoy striking up conversations with them to get to know them better. As always, I've been talking more than usual but oh well, this is part and parcel of an exchange experience, isn't it! (psst, we smelled the zoo before we even saw it haha)


(I'm just sitting here waiting for it to snow because the weather forecast predicted a 40% chance of snow today, which is quite high!... ... but... it's... not.. snowing D:)

Here's a picture of Erika and myself (aka the bunny and baby giraffe cos apparently, I'm short sigh)! Um, I had a bad-fringe day so please look past the imperfect fringe and focus on the giraffe ears heh :P


Enough of me/us! We went to the ZOO so how can there not be pictures of animals! TADAAA! These are the true HIGHLIGHTS of the day!

Zebra! One of my favourite animals at the zoo (: I never fail to be amazed by the perfect prints on their hide..

Ostrich.. (smelly... ahaha)

 Momma baboon with baby baboon (their red butt cheeks look better when they're young) X)

  Chimpanzee and Gorilla - so human-like, it was both intimidating and amazing. 

Too-cute Fennec foxes (you cannot deny that it's cute when it sleeps with a Snoopy plushie).

I think this is the Black-tailed Prairie Dog..?

 I didn't manage to get the name of this majestic creatures (loving those horns!) ):

(I'll continue this post tomorrow cos I really do need sleep!)

On a side note, I should really get a thermometer one day. I have no idea if I'm just having a bad headache and dry throat or whether it's fever and sore throat. ): When I was sick back in Singapore, I could go around, completely unaware that I was having a high fever (I just dismiss it as a splitting headache), but it's quite damaging to the body so I don't want to repeat that again. Perhaps a Panadol will solve the problem! And off to sleep I go!

Reminder to Self:
Attend these: Music Bank, Inkigayo, M-Countdown, Immortal Song
Go watch: Running Man, Dream Team, Hongki Oppa's drama
Can check out: Teentop, Infinite, MIB, Led Apple, Aziatix, BtoB, Beast, 2AM/PM, BAP, IU, Sungsikyung, KWill, Roy Kim (if he comes back) etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment