Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Yisze's Mission: Photos with 10 Hot Guys!

MISSION: 
Take pictures with 10 hot Korean guys by the time exchange ends.

I have to say that this is probably one of the more interesting things on my to-do list in Korea ahaha *winks* It isn't an easy mission for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it's quite unlikely that I'll approach a hot Korean guy just for a picture. Secondly, I don't know that many locals of the opposite gender (I hardly know any locals at all apart from my mentors, lol). Thirdly, the few whom I know prolly won't make the cut. Fourthly (and most importantly), I don't think there's a huge supply of hot Korean guys here! Hahahahah XD It's easy for us/people to be under the impression that Koreans are an exceedingly good-looking bunch, what with the stunning appearances of Kpop idols and age-defying actors and actresses, but hmmm, that's not really the case here. The ladies are considerably pretty because everyone's make-up's done so well (there are, of course, natural beauties but those are pretty rare occurrences around this area) but in contrast, cute/handsome/charming/dashing guys aren't that common heh. They look like the typical male walking in the streets. The fashion sense's great as usual, the hairstyle's awesome (did I mention how much I like the hairstyles of guys here) but their 얼굴s... average? Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining(!) but it just makes this mission more difficult *guffaws* ahaha

Anyway, by a stroke of luck, I've already managed to complete 30% of my mission!! *victory dance*

I don't find them particularly handsome (or "hot", a term I hardly use) but since they've put so much effort into their make-up and they're from a rookie Kpop group (called NOM.. ohmygawd HAHA I just realised the group name is printed on their shirts), give chance okay? :P I don't have the original photos but these will do fine!

10% 성공!
This is entry no. 1 because.. I like blonde hair :D and the colours came out really well!

20% 성공!
Umm more cute-and-young-baby-face-than-hot, but he'll do for entry no. 2!

30% 성공!
Orange hair doesn't match him (or any other Asian) that well so.. he's entry no. 3!

70% more to go!
열심히할게요!! ㅋㅋㅋ 

Update (14/03): Chanced upon another public event today! It was a free hug event by some rookie group (didn't manage to catch their names) but alas! My handphone battery died 1 minute before I noticed the whole commotion on the other side of the street (squealing high school girls - it feels good to be young).. or I would have completed another 20-30% of my mission heh :D That said, I wasn't sore about losing out on this opportunity to take selcas with them (no, I wasn't planning to hug them) because firstly, I've never heard of them and secondly, they didn't exactly look good..? Haha the makeup wasn't well done and I guess whatever lies under that makeup wasn't that 짱 either! X)

Ah, I did a simple search on Twitter for '신촌' and it turns out that the group I saw on the streets was BigFlo (빅플로) - a group that either debuted this year or has yet to debut. I got some pictures off Twitter so that you'll know how they look like (disappointingly, their skin wasn't that good up close though). I'm not sure if it's happy or sad for them to be doing activities like these just to promote themselves. It works, definitely, but seeing the halfhearted hugs just makes me feel a little sorry for them.. ><


Just waiting to meet my hubbyyy or my 'angel JJ'! Teehee, such photos would be worth waiting for.


 Slightly different shot from the picture in the 'SPORTS' post
At the 40% mark!! 40% 성공!

50% 성공!

Umm... does this count? Hahahahahaha :D
55% 성공!

(Update: 15/07) Okay that has to count (5% for 2D guy) - or I'm not going to complete this mission successfully. Expect more pictures with Do Manager ahahahha! I didn't realise the dismal progress for this mission (I thought I had hit the 70% mark already gosh!) so now, I am just gonna dig up any photo I have with Korean guys - of which I do not have many (cues sad sigh).. I'll leave it up to you as to whether they fulfill the mission criteria!

Well, I have to make it a nice percentage first so..

Smokin' hot GD and me!
60% 성공!

I never expected for my friend to make a cameo on this page (privacy!) but.. yay! :D
70% 성공!

I know #23 has appeared above already but... give chance please! I don't know many hot Korean guys (in fact, if you have any - intro please bahahahah) and this was taken on a different occasion! Bonus points to us for mustering up the courage again to request for a post-game picture! 
*stares at you with puppy-dog eyes* 
80% 성공!

Umm.. the English translator (who is also a guard of some sort helping to keep the foreigners in order) at the MBC Show Champion recording! I saw some foreigners taking pictures with the translators and since he actually spoke to us that day (he probably remembered us from the previous week), no harm in taking a picture with him! I took a photo with the Chinese translator as well (that lady was a total sweetie) but I doubt she can help me with my mission right now.. lol!
90% 성공!

Aite - I admit, I'm out of pictures. Unless.... you can accept my professors as being 'hot' - okay, that's pushing it a lil too far hahaha (but they're highly intelligent and capable people who are attractive in their own ways alright!) so here are more.. pictures with 2D guys! *guffaws* 4 for the price of 1!



  (from upper left) GD, Kim Sung Gyu, Kim Soo Hyun, Park Yoo Chun <3
100% 성공!

2 comments:

  1. I AM FEELING SO SUPER RIGHT NOW. These guys are CUTE lor! You have done a great job on your mission and it's really exceeded my expectations ya know! :p from kpop group somemore. when they get famous you should totally auction off these pictures

    It's really COOL cos i can imagine u being all gungho likka boss, marching up to them and demanding a photo in exchange for you sparing their lives.

    Looking forward to the rest of the feedback on the mission, Agent M ;p Roger, over and out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agent M reporting!
    Mission Completed!
    Stepping down as Agent M (aka Agent M(ake-hot-guys-take-a-selfie-with-you)) as of 15/07/2014, over and out! It has been a great journey, Agent YS!

    ReplyDelete